Spent ages mark making with a cloth, and then cotton with white spirit and rhinds varnish to make the effect i wanted on the plate. When it was dry instead of a hand shaken aquatint (i thought it had to be hand shaken because of the size of the plate) I managed to fit the plate in the aquatint box. I had to do it in very slow motion so that i didn't scrape big lumps of resign while putting it in the box and taking it out..
This means I got a much finer aquatint which is what i wanted. (I had made test plates before where the fine aquatint worked better than the hand shaken)
After i had to empty the big metal sink in the acid room to but my plate inside and etch it with spit bite. With a big brush and a bucket of water to control it and make it smoother
It's great to get to this point where i can control what i am doing and get the desired effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment